Dayton Performing Arts Alliance/SD&A Teleservices | Production/Stage Manager (Opera and Ballet)
Sales Representative and Customer Service, part-time
We are looking for several enthusiastic and articulate agents to work with patrons interested in the Opera, Ballet, and/or Philharmonic Orchestra in Dayton. Experience in sales is a definite plus. This past season was a record breaker, and we are expecting more of the same this year!
Consultants will work from a list of previous patrons, so no cold-calling! This job is great for students, retirees, or anyone with a need for flexible scheduling. We have up to 24 hours a week possible, and our office is located in the Victoria Theatre building in Dayton with free parking.
If you want to support the arts, talk to like-minded patrons, and gain valuable nonprofit job experience, then this is the place to be. Hourly pay + commission on all sales + FREE tickets to each of our Ballet, Symphony, Rockin’ and Opera productions!
We are hiring agents immediately for the new season, so contact us at 937-281-4022. Please leave a message. If you send a resumé to [email protected], don’t forget to give contact phone information.
Production/Stage Manager (Opera and Ballet)
A) Basic Function:
The Production/Stage Manager will manage all aspects of production for staged performances of the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance, including Dayton Ballet and Dayton Opera mainstage productions, collaborative presentations, miscellaneous Dayton Philharmonic presentations that involve theatrical cues and miscellaneous Dayton Ballet School performances. He/She is responsible for the smooth integration of artistic and technical aspects of staged productions and will be directly and actively involved in coordinating rehearsal and performances logistics and supervising personnel involved in staged productions.
B) Qualification Requirements:
The Production/Stage Manager shall possess the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in music, dance, theatre/stage management, or arts administration preferred
2. Prior experience in arts production and specifically opera and ballet stage management required with the ability to call cues by sight, music, and/or script
3. Music reading ability required
4. Must be able to work many nights and weekends
5. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
6. Must have access to personal vehicle and have valid driver’s license
C) General Responsibilities
As a member of his/her department, the Production/Stage Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Attends full staff meetings and departmental meetings as convened by the Director of Production and Operations; participates in all individual production meetings
2. Participates in the annual budgeting process for his/her department as requested
3. Manages special projects as requested by the Director of Production and Operations
D) Specific Position Responsibilities:
1. Works collaboratively with Designers, Directors, Choreographers, and the Artistic Directors to cue all assigned productions of staged performances of the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance, including Dayton Ballet and Dayton Opera mainstage productions, collaborative presentations, miscellaneous Dayton Philharmonic presentations that involve theatrical cues, and Dayton Ballet School performances
2. Works with the Artistic Directors and all production staff to coordinate resources and schedules
3. Participates in and manages the studio rehearsal process prior to production weeks for all assigned productions; prepares rehearsal spaces for Opera and Ballet productions as assigned
4. Produces and distributes master production schedules, working collaboratively with other production staff and the Artistic Administrators; prepares daily rehearsal schedules for Opera productions
5. Creates master running sheets for all assigned productions
6. Calls cues for all assigned productions
7. Works collaboratively to assure that contractual obligations are met and work rules observed within production parameters and day-to-day operations
8. Maintains positive working relationship with IATSE personnel
9. Additional responsibilities for Dayton Ballet productions:
a. Arranges Union stagehands for all Dayton Ballet productions with the IATSE Local Business Agent; arranges truck loading calls as needed
b. Arranges for rental of special equipment needed for productions, including trucks, dry-ice foggers, and projectors
c. Coordinates costume moves/load-in/load-out with Wardrobe Supervisor
d. In collaboration with Artistic Administrator, coordinates and supervises load-ins/load-outs from warehouse to theatres of sets, props, lights, and floors; maximizes efficiencies of labor through coordination with head carpenters, designers, directors, Artistic Directors and Victoria Theatre Association staff
e. In non-IATSE venues, assists with installation of dance floors as necessary; drive non-CDL rental trucks as necessary
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter highlighting qualifications as well as salary requirements to Eric Strohecker, Director of Production and Operations, at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Nothing in the position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.