We, at the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance, exist to serve the community and have a mission to transform lives through the power of music and dance. We believe that to be a vital organization, we must be an inclusive organization. Serving an audience that is reflective of our diverse community is central to our mission.
For the DPAA, a commitment to diversity represents the active inclusion, within both the organization and our audience, of the broadest possible representation of our Miami Valley community. This includes: race, color, gender identity and expression, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, political affiliation, veteran status, non-job related handicap, or any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to:
- Fostering a culture of inclusion and working for equity for all people within our organization and our audience.
- Holding inclusion and diversity as an essential consideration in artistic and institutional discussions, decisions and plans.
- Making the art we create now inclusive, diverse, equitable and welcoming.
- Increasing and maintaining diversity throughout the DPAA (Board, Musicians and Staff), the DPAA audience, artists, collaborators and partners.
- Building relationships with individuals and organizations that represent a wide variety of backgrounds.
We recognize that this is ongoing, ever-evolving work that requires attention and vigilance at all levels of the organization. We are committed to ensuring that inclusion and diversity become and remain integrated in our organizational culture and identity.