Field Trip Performances
Homeschool families and cohorts are always welcome to join us at any of our field trip performances, including Magic Carpet, Young People’s, and Middle and High School Concerts. Young People’s and Middle/High School Concerts include teacher’s guides and lesson plans. To book tickets for concerts, contact Alex Ignatiou, [email protected], (937) 224-3521 x1140.
Adventures in Sound Ensembles
Small chamber groups from the Dayton Philharmonic are available to visit your homeschool cohort at a location of your choosing. Visit our in-school performances page for all of your options. There’s a program for almost every age and content area! Contact Alex Ignatiou, [email protected], (937) 224-3521 x1140.
K12 Gallery Partnership
Photos show our “Pirates of Penzance” Opera + Art Homeschool Day in February 2019.
For the 2020-2021 season, DPAA will partner with K12 Gallery & TEJAS to present two “Homeschool Day” programs at K12 Gallery (341 S Jefferson St, Dayton, OH 45402). Families will watch a 45-minute performance and then take part in a connected art project. Parents should stay with their children during the program.
- • Opera + Art Homeschool Day 2019-2020
- • POSTPONED Tuesday, March 31, 2020 | 10:00 am – 12:00 noon | $8 per person
- • Features four of the Dayton Opera’s Artists in Residence performing a “Cinderella Trilogy.” Hear the classic fairy tale told through Rossini’s La Cenerentola, Massenet’s Cendrillon and Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. This enchanting production will be filled with magic, disguises, true love and a royal ball! Students will complete a connected art project with artists from K12.
- • Music + Art Homeschool Day 2020-2021
- • Date, time, and programming to be announced! | $8 per person