We partner with the Muse Machine to offer additional in-school programming to middle- and high-school students. For more information, visit the Muse Machine website by clicking here.
2020-2021 Season Offerings
OPERA TAKES FLIGHT
Presented by Dayton Opera
Soar through the world of opera as Dayton Opera’s Artists-in-Residence explore different ways to fly. Winged flight isn’t the only way to take off! Take a flight of fancy or follow a flight of musical notes. This brand-new program will allow students to explore flight through all types of music, including opera, art song and Broadway. Music has always transported the listener to new heights and Opera Takes Flight will be no exception!
• Available Dates: OCT 5-23
• Curriculum Connections: Music, Theatre, Language Arts, History, Social Studies
• Technical Requirements: A clean 20’ by 20’ performance area; a recently tuned piano and bench or a full-size, 88 key electronic keyboard on a stand with a chair; a microphone on a stand; access to a nearby power outlet; room temperature bottled water for five; a microphone for Q and A. The company will arrive 30-40 minutes prior to the program and will need access to the performance space on arrival.
Presented by Dayton Philharmonic
Ricky Martin, Miami Sound Machine, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Tito Puente, West Side Story, Coco—and surprises like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones! There are Latin influences throughout American music and indeed American life. This high-energy program asks students to sing and listen for connections between Spanish speaking countries and the USA!
• Available Dates: Selected dates Nov through May (specific dates appear on form)
• Curriculum Connections: Music, History/Social Studies, Language Arts, World Cultures
• Technical Requirements: TBA