The Opera Guild of Dayton is planning the 2019 High School Vocal Competition and will be accepting applications soon. The Competition takes place at Sears Recital Hall, Jesse Philips Humanities Center, University of Dayton. This is always an exciting annual event featuring vocal talent and providing monetary awards for the best performances.
2019 Competition Date: March 23, 2019
First Place…… $600
Second Place…… $450
Third Place…… $300
Criteria for the Competition are:
• Students currently in 11th or 12th grade in Ohio.
• Performance of two memorized selections. Selections may come from operatic, art song or musical theater literature. Please contact the chair, Dr. David Sievers, at [email protected] for any questions regarding repertoire.
• Performance time not to exceed ten minutes
• Fully completed application
• Applications have not yet been released.
• Applicants will be notified by mail or email of audition times, no later than Wednesday before the competition.
• Judges represent the vocal music field, including professional
singers, conductors, high school and college teachers and private voice teachers.
• Competitors are encouraged to provide their own accompanist. • If music is submitted a week in advance, an accompanist will be provided at no expense to entrant.
• Indicate any time conflict that should be considered when scheduling your audition time.
• Arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time.
• Warm-up rooms will be available for limited use before auditions.
• Winners are expected to perform at the Tri-State College Vocal Competition on April 7, 2019.
If you have questions or seek further information, please visit the Opera Guild of Dayton website or contact:
Dr. David Sievers
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-0290