Dayton Ballet is the perfect place to pursue your professional dance career. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. Dayton Ballet is a smaller company, so more performing opportunities are available.
2. Dayton Ballet has no tiered levels; we are an ensemble company, so each dancer has the opportunity to be cast in any piece.
3. Dayton has two major venues – the stunning Benjamin and Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center and the historic Victoria Theatre – and one black box theatre in which to perform.
4. Dayton Ballet offers extra work through creative collaboration with Dayton Opera and the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra.
5. For most full-length ballets, Dayton Ballet performs to live music performed by the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra.
6. Dayton Ballet has a close association with Kettering Sports Medicine, one of the top sports medicine providers in the state of Ohio.
7. Dayton Ballet offers health insurance at a partial-pay/discounted rate.
8. Dayton Ballet offers the opportunity to teach in our well-established, 94-year-old Dayton Ballet School, the second oldest ballet school in the country.
9. Dayton is a very affordable city in which to live.
10. Thanks to the generosity of Susan S. Kettering, Dayton Ballet, in conjunction with Sinclair Community College, is proud to offer The Next Step Fund, for dancers who wish to pursue their education alongside their dancing career. Click here for more details.