BALLET AUDITIONS for the 2019–2020 Dayton Performing Arts Alliance Titans Season
For the audition, please bring résumé and photo; there is no registration fee. Dayton Ballet holds the right to release dancers from the audition after barre.
Résumés and videos may be sent to [email protected]
Female Dancers…UNDER 5’7″
Male Dancers…ABOVE 5’9″
2019–2020 AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS
Auditions for the 2019–2020 Season have concluded. Any future auditions will be announced here.
- All performances take place in union theatres.
- All Nutcrackers are accompanied by the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Dayton Ballet also performs with the Dayton Opera.
- Contract for 2019–2020 season is approximately 30 weeks.
- Health insurance offered.
- Next Step Fund: After one year’s residency, Dayton Ballet dancers may enroll in scholarship-funded online courses at Sinclair Community College.
Please read carefully and submit the following:
A video without special editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants showing turns and jumps. May be in studio or in performance.
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation. Females can be in flat slippers.
- 3 minutes of barre work, danced in soft shoes
- 3–5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- For male dancers, demonstration of partnering skills
Dancers who audition by video may be asked to visit Dayton to be evaluated in person. Dayton Ballet will endeavor to notify all auditionees of results within two weeks by email.
REQUEST TO AUDITION IN COMPANY CLASS
By appointment only and subject to scheduling availability. If you are invited to take class, please bring your résumé or CV, head shot, and 2 dance photos that reveal body proportions and line.
For more information about the company, please visit daytonperformingarts.org.