DAYTON BALLET AUDITIONS for the 2021–2022 Dayton Performing Arts Alliance Season
For Dayton Ballet auditions, please bring résumé and photo; there is no registration fee. Dayton Ballet holds the right to release dancers from the audition after barre.
Résumés and videos may be sent to [email protected].
Female Dancers…5’2″ to 5’6″
Male Dancers…5’8″ to 6′
2021–2022 AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS
Dayton Ballet Auditions dates and times will be announced here. Please contact Artistic Administrator Cory Wilhite at [email protected] with any questions.
- All performances take place in union theaters.
- All Nutcracker performances are accompanied by the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Dayton Ballet also performs with the Dayton Opera.
- Contract weeks for 2021–2022: TBD.
- Health insurance offered.
- Next Step Fund: After one year’s residency, Dayton Ballet dancers may enroll in scholarship-funded online courses at Sinclair Community College.
- Repertory for 2021–2022: TBD.
Please read carefully and submit the following:
A video without special editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants showing turns and jumps. May be in studio or in performance.
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation. Females can be in flat slippers.
- 2–3 minutes of barre work, danced in soft shoes
- 3–5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- For male dancers, demonstration of partnering skills
- Two professional reference contacts
Dancers who audition by video may be asked to visit Dayton to be evaluated in person.
For more information about the company, please visit daytonperformingarts.org, or join us on Facebook: DaytonBallet